How to study Space Science?
To register for 24 hour access to the HSC Library, HSC students must complete the registration form available here or at the HSC Library Information Desk on the first floor. Registration forms must be handed in at the HSC Library Information Desk during regular hours. Please bring your Gator 1 card with you when you hand in your registration form. Once 24 hour access goes into effect, students will have their Gator 1 card activated for 24 hour access to the HSC Library within one business day of handing in the registration form.
Access to and use of the 2nd floor of the Health Science Center Library (HSCL) 24 hour quiet study space is a privilege extended to registered HSCL users who are UF students currently enrolled in any of the six Health Science Center colleges. When the library is closed, this study space is accessible by registered users only. There is no access to study rooms or print collections.
- You will need to have a Gator 1 card. Your Gator1 Card will need to be activated by the HSC Library Lenel administrator BEFORE you will be able to access the 24 hour study space.
- To enter the study space, you will be required to swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader at the 2nd floor door.
- To exit the floor, you will be required to swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader at the 2nd floor door.
- If the alarm sounds, you must swipe your Gator 1 card through the reader.
- Only currently enrolled HSC College students at the University of Florida may access the 24 hour study space. Allowing other library patrons access to the space is considered a violation of this policy and will be grounds for termination of access privileges.
- Occupants may be asked to show their Gator1 card to security personnel patrolling the premises.
- The space is available for use 24 hours per day; except during closures for holidays, semester breaks, and other situations as deemed necessary by HSCL administration.
- During the hours that the HSCL is being prepared for closing (30-45 minutes prior to closing), occupants will be escorted to the second floor. At closing all occupants will be asked to exit the Library. Only registered users may re-enter after regular hours.
- During the hours that the HSCL is being prepared to open for daily use (30-45 minutes prior to opening), it may be noisier than usual as staff prepare for the day.
- This space is for quiet study use only. No scheduled meetings, events, or other functions may be held.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended in the Library at any time; the Library is not responsible for patrons’ personal belongings.
- Failure to follow these policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of access to the HSC Library 24 hour quiet study space.
- The HSC Library may limit or refuse access to individuals who fail to comply with these policies.
- Registered users are expected to respect the library staff and space, and maintain appropriate professional behavior throughout the time they are in the library.