School of Astronomy
The school offers a broad spectrum of topics in observational and theoretical, galactic and extragalactic astrophysics, observational and theoretical cosmology, fundamental physics with astronomical tools and instrumentation. In addition to the main expertise in radio and (sub-) mm astronomy of the MPIfR, there are PhD topics in a broad range of contemporary astrophysics, techniques, methods and energy bands.
• 3 year appointments
• Competitive salaries, no tuition fees
• A network of 60 PhD students from 26 countries
• Mentorship from world class faculty at MPIfR, the U of Bonn and the U of Cologne
• A competitive PhD program with a structured curriculum
• Thesis committees monitoring the progress of each student
• Access to world leading observing facilitities at a large range of wavelengths
• Funding for travel and research.
Countries of origin of our IMPRS students.Zoom Image